- The term ‘DFID’ refers to the UK’s Department for International Development.
- The term ‘Montrose’ applies collectively to Montrose Management Group Ltd, Montrose International LLP, Montrose Africa Ltd and Montrose International LLP (Myanmar Branch).
- The term ‘USEDATA’ refers to the UK Aid funded Using Extractive Industry Data (USEDATA) Programme.
We collect certain information and data when you use www.usedata.info.
- Questions, queries or feedback you leave, including your personal data, when you contact us using the contact details and/or contact form on the www.usedata.info ‘Contact’ page.
- Google Analytics software which collects information about how you use www.usedata.info.
This helps us to:
- Personalise your site experience and continue to improve the site based on your needs.
- Respond to any questions, queries or feedback you send us, if you’ve asked us to.
If you are under 16, please make sure you have your parent or guardian’s permission before you provide any personal information to us. Children under 16 must not provide us with personal information without this permission.
Where your data is stored
Montrose will store your personal data on our secure severs in the UK. It may also be stored outside of Europe, where it could be viewed by Montrose staff. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this. Your personal information is only accessible to a limited number of persons within Montrose who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
Keeping your data secure
Transmitting information over the internet is not completely secure and we can’t guarantee the security of your data. Any data you transmit is at your own risk. However, we have procedures and security features in place that are in line with the UK Data Protection Act (1998) to try and keep your data secure once we receive it.
Links to other websites
How Cookies are used on www.usedata.info
Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser (if you allow) that enables the site’s or service provider’s systems to recognise your browser and capture and remember certain information.
We use Google Analytics software to collect information about how you use www.usedata.info to enhance your experience and gather information about visitors and visits to the site. This enables us to update and improve the site based on your needs.
By using the www.usedata.info site you consent to our use of Google Analytics.
Information disclosure to outside parties
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personal data unless we provide you with advance notice, except as described below.
The term ‘outside parties’ does not include Montrose nor does it include DFID. It also does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating the www.usedata.info site. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety.